System File Checker – SFC
System File Checker (SFC) is a Home windows System device that scans and checks all the protected Home windows System recordsdata for errors, and replaces the corrupt recordsdata with the cached copy of Home windows recordsdata situated within the WinSxS listing. If the recordsdata within the WinSxS are additionally corrupted, or if that listing has been deleted by the consumer, then Home windows prompts the consumer to insert the Home windows set up disc.
Home windows Backup Listing Path – C:WindowsWinSxSBackup
Use sfc /scannow to Scan for and Restore Corrupt Home windows System Information
Step 1: Press the Home windows + X keys collectively to open the Home windows Energy Person Menu. Click on on the Command Immediate (Admin) choice to open Command Immediate with Administrative privileges.
Step 2: Within the Command Immediate window, sort the next command, after which press the Enter key.
Step 3: Home windows begins scanning the system recordsdata for errors. Don’t shut the command immediate till the verification reaches 100%.
Step 4: Restart your pc to finish the method.
Relying upon the end result, chances are you’ll obtain one of many following 4 messages:
- Home windows Useful resource Safety didn’t discover any integrity violations.
- Home windows Useful resource Safety couldn’t carry out the requested operation.
- Home windows Useful resource Safety discovered corrupt recordsdata and efficiently repaired them.
- Home windows Useful resource Safety discovered corrupt recordsdata however was unable to repair a few of them.
That means of the end result messages, and subsequent steps:
- There are no lacking or corrupt Home windows System Information in your pc. Every thing is okay.
- The method didn’t full efficiently, this may very well be due to numerous causes. If you happen to encounter this drawback then attempt working the sfc /scannow command within the Secure Mode.
- That is the end result that I acquired by working this command. And, as you’ll be able to see from the ultimate screenshot, the detailed details about the recordsdata that have been repaired could be discovered within the log file saved within the C:WindowsLogsCBS listing.
- Home windows was unable to repair a number of the recordsdata. Once more, you’ll be able to see the checklist of recordsdata within the log file saved within the C:WindowsLogsCBS listing. On this case, the consumer should manually substitute the lacking or corrupt recordsdata with one other supply of Home windows recordsdata.